CoreNet Global Membership List: Use it for professional networking ... not selling or mass marketing
Members have expressed concern over the growing frequency of email and direct mail solicitation from other members and industry professionals. Because the CoreNet Global membership list is considered a members-only benefit to enabling access to members and in the operation of the association, its use for mass marketing or other solicitations is not allowed.
The list, whether through the CoreNet Web site or other sources, is a membership resource only for professional networking and knowledge sharing, and is not offered for sale.
Examples of accepted use include contacting members for advice on solving a problem, doing the job better, customizing an approach to a global region or local market, sharing best practices, and seeking opinions or recommendations on vendors or alliance partners.
Members are welcome to access membership lists for association business or knowledge sharing at the Chapter level through their Chapter leadership and the respective Chapter Web sites that serve each local group. In addition, members have 24/7 password-protected access to individual membership listings at www.corenetglobal.org.
Members are encouraged to actively promote their products and services at the Corporate Real Estate Marketplace Exposition held at upcoming Global Summits.
Intellectual Property Policy
CoreNet Global Policy for the Shared Use and Protection of Intellectual Property as approved by the CoreNet Global Board at the San Diego 2008 Board meeting. The primary goals of CoreNet Global's Intellectual Property Policy (“Policy”) are to:
- Foster an environment that supports maintaining open knowledge sharing and development with CoreNet Global members, the corporate real estate industry, non-Governmental Organizations, the government and the public.
- Optimize the availability of, and dissemination of, relevant information to CoreNet Global members, the corporate real estate industry, non-Governmental Organizations, the government and the public.
- Foster the continuing development of Information for the benefit of CoreNet Global members, the corporate real estate industry, non-Governmental Organizations, the government and the public.
- Support the corporate real estate industry's commitment to be a responsible “citizen” and be responsive to the public (i.e., its "social responsibility").
- For certainty and to avoid confusion, specify and protect intellectual property ownership interests.
- Copyrights and other intellectual property rights of third parties are to be respected and not infringed by CoreNet Global or any of its members, the corporate real estate industry, non-Governmental Organizations, the government and the public.1
Consequently, CoreNet Global's Policy is that any protected intellectual property2 brought to CoreNet Global by any party3, for individual distribution, use with or incorporation into additional research or a compilation4 project, shall remain the property of the party holding the intellectual property rights. Despite intellectual property ownership residing with the submitting party, that owner must be willing to “freely” and openly share his/her submission with CoreNet Global, with proper attribution and recognition to the owner.
Any uniquely created intellectual property that is funded in any measure by CoreNet Global, created by or within CoreNet Global5, or resulting from the efforts of CoreNet Global(e.g., compilations of intellectual property or work submitted) shall be owned by CoreNet Global with proper credit being delivered to the participants. Despite intellectual property ownership residing with CoreNet Global, CoreNet Global shall “freely” and openly share the intellectual property with all creative, contributing participants.
Revenue derived by CoreNet Global from any activity hereunder shall be recommitted to the fulfillment of the Organization's nonprofit purposes.
- Although it is understood by all that CoreNet Global's obligation to “police” such activity is limited to those parties directly involved in CoreNet Global and with whom CoreNet has some contractual relationship.
- Any unique or original expression or work capable of protection under the Copyright Act of 1976 (and subsequent amendments).
- With the party seeking such ownership recognition having the affirmative obligation to claim such as early as possible in the involvement of the intellectual property in CoreNet Global's use.
- A “compilation” is a work formed by the collection and assembling of preexisting materials or of data that are selected, coordinated, or arranged in such a way that the resulting work as a whole constitutes an original work of authorship. The term “compilation” includes collective works.
- Examples of such would be Committees, Task Forces, Communities or collaborative efforts between various parties brought together within and by CoreNet Global.
All CoreNet Global membership lists are a members-only benefit, and their use is limited to professional networking and individual networking only - not for selling or mass solicitation. Any misuse of these lists including their reproduction either electronically or manually constitutes a copyright infringement against CoreNet Global and its members.
The information you provide will be used to keep you informed about events, news, and relevant information regarding CoreNet Global and will not be sold or disclosed to any third party.
As a member of CoreNet Global, you understand that CoreNet Global will send you e-mails periodically, and these electronic communications may contain messages or links to third party websites. If you choose to visit a third-party website, you do so of your own free will. CoreNet Global does not govern information collected on third-party websites, and we assume no responsibility for any misuse of your information by any third party.
CoreNet Global is in accordance with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 and intends to be a leader in ensuring members' privacy and will unsubscribe members from our database in a timely fashion.
You have the opportunity to unsubscribe from each CoreNet Global e-mail communications at any time via a link at the bottom of every e-mail. If you unsubscribe from our e-mail mailing list, you understand that CoreNet Global will no longer send you e-mails, and your personal information will not be utilized for any future endeavors, with the exception of periodic postal mailings regarding your membership and CoreNet Global events and news.
We do collect reporting and tracking information related to how users respond to the e-mail newsletters we send. We analyze this data for internal use and will not sell or transfer this data.
This policy may be changed or updated from time to time, so please check this page periodically.
If you have any questions or comments, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
133 Peachtree St., NE, Suite 3000
Atlanta, GA 30303