About the Committee
The Northern California Chapter established the Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Committee to provide guidance on our Chapter’s programming and governance. This Committee collaboratively develops policies and best practices to move the Chapter forward as an organization that provides opportunity and psychological safety while promoting diversity and equity for all.
- Raise the level of awareness of CoreNet members on the important issues that relate to equity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Promote the advancement of and identify how to increase the number and visibility of Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) members in CoreNet NorCal leadership positions and in executive leadership roles within the corporate real estate industry.
- Approach building an equity lens with curiosity, humility, and empathy.
- Identify ways to build the pipeline of BIPOC CRE professionals and support the development of young BIPOC members as leaders in CoreNet and their professions. Stimulate and encourage CoreNet member firms to hire BIPOC members and create an individual development plan for each candidate.
- Create guidelines for use in the Chapter Programs Committee to enhance diversity, racial, and gender equity in the choice of topics and speakers. Coordinate with all of the Chapter’s committees to ensure racial and gender equity and inclusion are integrated into the planning and implementation of all Chapter events.
- Create programming and resources to educate CoreNet members on topics related to EDIB (including the benefits related to EDIB), unconscious bias, the history of systemic racism in the real estate industry, and what CoreNet can do to be a leader in an intentional shift to make the CRE industry more equitable.
The Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging (EDIB) Committee is new and will continue to evolve. If you are interested in getting involved or learning more, please contact one of the co-chairs: Jay Sholl (Jay.Sholl@cbre.com), Jomal McNeal (Jomal.McNeal@optimaze.com), or Nancy Ly (NLy@GilbaneCo.com).